Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

BEAUTY: It's all about the Almondoco

As many of you know, I have a head of unruly, curly hair.  While I am mostly able to maintain it via the typical curly hair styling products (Aveda, Pravana (sulfite and sulfate-free), and a wide variety of other elixirs), my undisciplined hair does enjoy freaking out now and then. 

A friend of mine recommended that I mix almond oil and coconut oil (1:1 ratio) and apply that to my hair at least one hour prior to washing.  I was very skeptical as I have tried tons of salon brand deep conditioners, oils (including the ultra FOBy Dabur Amla), and even Ojon, but my hair always fought back with even more frizz post-treatment.  I gave in, and bought the ingredients at my local Whole Foods store (also be sure to try your local Indian store).

I have to say, this mixture is a miracle! The combination of the proteins in the almond oil and the natural humectants in the coconut oil work wonders on dry hair.   Additionally, the "almondoco" mixture also makes a great post-shower body moisturizer.  Happy hair and skin conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment