Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

DESSERT: 72% Cacao Guilt-Free Hot Chocolate

Empty mug every time.
I don't crave hot chocolate often, but when I do, I want it to warm me up, sweeten my palette, and soothe my soul.  I am not a big fan of most commercial hot chocolate because in addition to being fattening, it is over-the-top sweet.  This recipe is easy to follow, gives you a great dose of protein and antioxidants, and  tastes amazing - enjoy:

Serving Size: 1

Ingredients:
  • 1 ounce dark chocolate - try Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% Dark Chocolate as 1 square is perfect
  • 1 mug/cup of fat-free milk (measure milk in the mug you plan to drink out of)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • Low fat whipped cream and/or cinnamon (optional)
Instructions:
  • Heat milk in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes
  • Add in chocolate and continue to heat milk
  • Once chocolate begins to melt, start to whisk chocolate and milk
  • Continue to heat mixture, turn off heat once hot chocolate begins to boil
  • Pour, garnish, and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment