Friday, May 21, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

SIDES: Killer, Spicy Hummus

Servings: 10-15

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans of garbanzo beans
  • 5 tbsp tahini
  • 4 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp pepper, salt, and paprika
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Instructions:
  • Blend garbanzo beans 1/2 cup at a time in the food processor - use lemon juice and olive oil to soften the mix
  • Blend all ingredients together
  • Serve with pita chips and enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tasneem, great recipe for hummus. I may try to make it sometime.

    Keep posting these healthy recipes.

    BTW, I like the new layout on your blog. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Martin! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasneem, I was going to make hummus, but couldn't track down all the ingredients I needed.

    So I bought red pepper hummus at my local Fresh & Easy instead. Thank goodness for Fresh & Easy.

    Besides, why make it when I can buy it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete